The Hope of God's Light



I know the man that produced this video. His name is Brian Faye. He has played a big part on the last two Mormon Messages produced for the Church. I congratulate him on its completion and release! I saw a rough cut of this a few months ago. The music, done by Robert Elliott, was not the music Brian originally was trying to get the rights to use, but I think it turned out just as good if not better! Robert Elliott does a great job!

Throughout college and on my mission I have had several people share with me their disbelief in God. Some share their anti-God opinions much more forcefully than most missionaries I knew shared the Gospel of Jesus Christ (we have the opportunity in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to proselyte for two years in a foreign place). Other atheists and agnostics, or even theists lacking faith, share their disbelief in God simply through their doubtful attitudes. Brian really focussed this message those who feel stuck, lost, lonely, or doubtful.

It is sad to me to think that there are those who walk through life without knowing God. God's Son, Jesus Christ, has suffered and died so that we would not need to walk alone. Actually, even those those who do not recognize His hand still receive some of His divine help and mercy; but not recognizing the Light of Christ is like a little child not recognizing their own parents tucking them in at night (or refusing the let them do so). How can some of us be so blind to the One who provided the light we can see by?

Please do not misunderstand me, if you do not believe in God our Father, or His Son Jesus Christ, or any form of Deity, I am not trying be degrading. Please watch this video, it is insightful! Once the video was live, I e-mailed Brian Fay congratulating him on the video, he replied, "I just want non-members to see this thing and maybe not change their lives right away, but just ponder the message."

Comments