The Master Painter

Once I posted a beautiful picture I took in Maryland (on my mission) on Facebook. I was very pleased with my framing and composition. I thought the colors were perfect and that I captured the moment just right. Here is the picture.


Then my Nana (my grandmother) posted a comment on my photo. She said something like, "God has given us such a beautiful world."

Wow! There I was thinking that I was a great artist, but all I did was find a way to capture the beauty that God had created for us to enjoy.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf recently said in General Conference, "People overestimate their own contributions and underestimate the contributions that others make" (General Conference, October 2014). I want to be better at recognizing the source of my success and blessings. Very little (if anything at all) that I do is accomplished solely by me, especially at work and school. With creative projects, there may be a director, someone who oversees the creative vision, but we all know that it takes a great number of people and sources to bring something to life. And, ultimately, all good things come from God.

Comments