Review and Renew

The following is a poem I wrote that encapsulates my feelings on the sacrament:

Review and Renew

Dear Savior, I am awestruck by Thy loving selflessness
The gratitude my heart can feel, my tongue cannot express
Streams of worship, praise, and joy like blood flow through my veins
Please do not leave my heart this week through joy, or peace, or pain

Red drops of blood came dripping down like water as it's poured
And shredded, broken, like this bread, Thy body scourged and torn
Thou didst bleed and die for me, didst hang upon a cross
Without Thy death, I would not live; I surely would be lost

Thou hast given all to me; I'll give my all to You
I want to serve Thee faithfully like Nephi go and do
Into Thy hands, I'll place myself to be Thy humble tool
This week will be another start; this bread and cup my fuel

One by one, the Nephites came to kneel before Thy face
Individually, I may come be strengthened by Thy grace
This is my time to feel Thy wounds; I have this time with Thee
Speak heart to heart, with Thy great love, I listen willingly


I would love your thoughts on the sacrament. Please share by commenting below.

This is the last post in the three-part series on the sacrament. Post one was a sort of introduction to the sacrament and post two was an experience had that taught me to seek for inspiration and revelation during the sacrament.


This song is called, "Please Be My Strength" by Gungor

Comments